Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Combing two columns into one- Excel 2007

I have two columns of information. The first contains the date and the second
contains a number. I want to combine these two into a single column where
the date is the first piece of data and the number is the second, etc. etc.

I have about 15000 sets of data (date and number), so to do this manually
would be out of the question.

Any suggestions for a "novice" programmer?

Thanks
Steve
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Jul 5, 2:40 pm, Stephen wrote:
I have two columns of information. The first contains the date and the second
contains a number. I want to combine these two into a single column where
the date is the first piece of data and the number is the second, etc. etc.

I have about 15000 sets of data (date and number), so to do this manually
would be out of the question.

Any suggestions for a "novice" programmer?

Thanks
Steve

Assuming the data is in columns A & B, use =CONCATENATE(A1, " ", B1).
Copy it down to all 15000 rows.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks but what I want to do is insert a blank row every other row, and then
move the data in column b1 down into A2, b2 into A4 etc.

Original worksheet
A B
2/1/2007 45
2/2/2007 49