Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Print all columns - Excel 2007- How?

Hi - I have a simple mileage/tracking reimbursement Excel 2007 spreadsheet
with 9 columns (A through I).

Here's a screenshot:

http://home.cfl.rr.com/jbmsbink/Excelmileage.jpg

For some reason, I can only print columns B through F even in Landscape
mode.

Question: How do I get all of the columns to print?

Thanks

Joe (an Excel noob)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sheeloo - thanks for the fast reply.

I cleared the printing area, but when I try to *set* the printing areas, I
get a pop-up dialog box stating I only selected one cell.

Question 2 - How do I select (set) the entire Excel spreadsheet?

Joe

"Sheeloo" <="to" & CHAR(95) & "sheeloo" & CHAR(64) & "hotmail.com" wrote in
message ...

"Joe727" wrote:

Hi - I have a simple mileage/tracking reimbursement Excel 2007
spreadsheet
with 9 columns (A through I).

Here's a screenshot:

http://home.cfl.rr.com/jbmsbink/Excelmileage.jpg

For some reason, I can only print columns B through F even in Landscape
mode.

Question: How do I get all of the columns to print?

Thanks

Joe (an Excel noob)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

By default Excel prints the whole sheet (area which has been used) so you
really do not need to set the print area..

If you have to set then either select the cells you want to print or press
Ctrl-A to select the whole sheet..

"Joe727" wrote:

Hi - I have a simple mileage/tracking reimbursement Excel 2007
spreadsheet
with 9 columns (A through I).

Here's a screenshot:

http://home.cfl.rr.com/jbmsbink/Excelmileage.jpg

For some reason, I can only print columns B through F even in Landscape
mode.

Question: How do I get all of the columns to print?

Thanks

Joe (an Excel noob)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I used Control A to select the entire image. It printed, but it's all, for
lack of a better description, 'squished up'.

Here's a scan of the printed document.

http://home.roadrunner.com/~jbmsbink/Excelprint.jpg

Question 3 - How do I fix this?

Thanks again.

"Joe727" wrote:

Hi - I have a simple mileage/tracking reimbursement Excel 2007
spreadsheet
with 9 columns (A through I).

Here's a screenshot:

http://home.cfl.rr.com/jbmsbink/Excelmileage.jpg

For some reason, I can only print columns B through F even in
Landscape
mode.

Question: How do I get all of the columns to print?

Thanks

Joe (an Excel noob)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Joe727 -

I'd do something like this:

Select the range you want to print. It looks like approximately B2:H260.
With that range selected, choose Page Layout | Print Area | Set Print Area.

Choose Office Button | Print | Print Preview Page Setup | Page. Or, choose
Page Layout | Print Titles | Page. In the Scaling section click the "Fit
to:" button, enter 1 for "page(s) wide," and clear the entry for "tall." (If
there's an entry in the "tall" edit box, select it and press the Delete key.
Then click OK.

Now it's probably ready to be printed.

If you want rows 4 and 5 to appear at the top of each page, choose Page
Layout | Print Titles | Sheet, enter 4:5 in the "Rows to repeat at top:"
edit box, and click OK.

- Mike Middleton
http://www.DecisionToolworks.com
Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel

"Joe727" wrote:

Hi - I have a simple mileage/tracking reimbursement Excel 2007
spreadsheet
with 9 columns (A through I).

Here's a screenshot:

http://home.cfl.rr.com/jbmsbink/Excelmileage.jpg

For some reason, I can only print columns B through F even in
Landscape
mode.

Question: How do I get all of the columns to print?

Thanks

Joe (an Excel noob)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Mike - It looks like I am getting close - lol.

Question 4 - Exactly how do I 'select the range' B2:H260?

BTW: I've spent several hours combing through Microsoft's help file. Sadly
for me, the Help File is not geared toward Excel noobs.

Joe

"Joe727" wrote:

Hi - I have a simple mileage/tracking reimbursement Excel 2007
spreadsheet
with 9 columns (A through I).

Here's a screenshot:

http://home.cfl.rr.com/jbmsbink/Excelmileage.jpg

For some reason, I can only print columns B through F even in
Landscape
mode.

Question: How do I get all of the columns to print?

Thanks

Joe (an Excel noob)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The easiest way is to type B2:H260 into the name box to the left of the
formula bar.
Another option is Edit/ GoTo, & type B2:H260
--
David Biddulph

"Joe727" wrote:

Hi - I have a simple mileage/tracking reimbursement Excel 2007
spreadsheet
with 9 columns (A through I).

Here's a screenshot:

http://home.cfl.rr.com/jbmsbink/Excelmileage.jpg

For some reason, I can only print columns B through F even in
Landscape
mode.

Question: How do I get all of the columns to print?

Thanks

Joe (an Excel noob)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Joe727 -

Actually, you don't have to select the print area first. You could choose
Page Layout | Print Titles | Sheet, type B2:H260 into the "Print area:"
range edit box. and click OK.

But if you do want to make a large selection before specifying the print
area, there are numerous ways. One way is to select the first cell, B2, and
then use only the scroll bars and scroll arrows so that H260 is in view,
hold down the Shift key (which takes the place of the colon), and select the
other cell, H260.

"Joe727" wrote:

Hi - I have a simple mileage/tracking reimbursement Excel 2007
spreadsheet
with 9 columns (A through I).

Here's a screenshot:

http://home.cfl.rr.com/jbmsbink/Excelmileage.jpg

For some reason, I can only print columns B through F even in
Landscape
mode.

Question: How do I get all of the columns to print?

Thanks

Joe (an Excel noob)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Mike - thanks again for offering advice.

I am almost there. As you can see by this screen shot I am only missing
columns H & I (column I (eye) is essentially a border column).

http://home.roadrunner.com/~jbmsbink/Excelprint2.jpg

I tried the previously recommended settings, but did not quite get the
desired result. So, I set the Width and Height to Automatic. This allowed
me to set the scale to 100%.

The Scale Setting stayed grayed-out until I set the height and width to
automatic.

For some reason, there is a vertical dotted line between columns G and H.

I am not sure why that dotted line is there or how it got there.

I seems that if I remove/move that dotted line, I'll be able to print the
entire spreadsheet.

Question 5: How do I remove/move that dotted line, I'll be able to print
the entire spreadsheet which includes columns A through I (eye)?

"Joe727" wrote:

Hi - I have a simple mileage/tracking reimbursement Excel 2007
spreadsheet
with 9 columns (A through I).

Here's a screenshot:

http://home.cfl.rr.com/jbmsbink/Excelmileage.jpg

For some reason, I can only print columns B through F even in
Landscape
mode.

Question: How do I get all of the columns to print?

Thanks

Joe (an Excel noob)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Joe727 -

Since column I is unused, if you want it to be part of the printout, I think
you will have to explicitly set the print area (instead of relying on
Excel's guess). I have already described some ways to set the print area.
One way is Page Layout | (Page Setup) Print Titles | Sheet | Print area,
where you would enter A1:I260, for example.

Because of your column widths, if you want columns A thru I to fit on a
single page (and you will have to explicitly specify the print area), you
could set Page Layout | (Scale to Fit) Width to "1 page."

In your recent example, since you have specified automatic page width and
100% scale, the printout must be two pages wide. The vertical dotted line is
a page break indicator. So, columns A:G or B:G would appear on one group of
pages and columns H or H:I would appear on another set.

There will be no dotted line if you explicitly set the print area and
specify a 1 page width.

- Mike

"Joe727" wrote:

Hi - I have a simple mileage/tracking reimbursement Excel 2007
spreadsheet
with 9 columns (A through I).

Here's a screenshot:

http://home.cfl.rr.com/jbmsbink/Excelmileage.jpg

For some reason, I can only print columns B through F even in
Landscape
mode.

Question: How do I get all of the columns to print?

Thanks

Joe (an Excel noob)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Mike - Bingo! I am beginning to better understand how Excel 2007 works.
I set the width to 'one' page as you suggested , and I am able to print the
entire spreadsheet.

The main header is off center, and still need to figure out how to number
the pages X of Y. They are but trifles.

Getting the entire document to print is what counts.

Thanks for all of your help.

"Joe727" wrote:

Hi - I have a simple mileage/tracking reimbursement Excel 2007
spreadsheet
with 9 columns (A through I).

Here's a screenshot:

http://home.cfl.rr.com/jbmsbink/Excelmileage.jpg

For some reason, I can only print columns B through F even in
Landscape
mode.

Question: How do I get all of the columns to print?

Thanks

Joe (an Excel noob)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Thank you - Print all columns - Excel 2007- How?

Thanks for your help, persistence, and patience.

I now understand how to print the entire Excel 2007 spreadsheet.

Joe

"Joe727" wrote in message
Hi - I have a simple mileage/tracking reimbursement Excel 2007 spreadsheet
with 9 columns (A through I).

Here's a screenshot:

http://home.cfl.rr.com/jbmsbink/Excelmileage.jpg

For some reason, I can only print columns B through F even in Landscape
mode.

Question: How do I get all of the columns to print?

Thanks

Joe (an Excel noob)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Depends on what you mean by "All columns"

Please provide more details.............you are replying to a four
year old posting.

Which version of Excel are you using?

Have you looked at Excel help on "setting a pront range"?

Gord

how do I print all columns