Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sorting data

I am tring to sort a list of data in two columns. The information is being
retreived by the formula =b5 etc. I can sort some iformation but then the
other fields dissappear. How can i rectify this??
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi James if I don't missunderstood you have a formula that retrieve the data
from other cell. what is in the 2nd column and how is linked to the first one

"James" wrote:

I am tring to sort a list of data in two columns. The information is being
retreived by the formula =b5 etc. I can sort some iformation but then the
other fields dissappear. How can i rectify this??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Call me dumb but i sorted it eventually. It came in a flas of inspiration.
I had (lets say) two cloumns, one with names and one with a formulae to
return a value from earlier in the workbook. When i was sorting them to show
highest to lowest the second column was loosing it's data. To counteratct
this i just locked the formulae like this cell b =p$14 for example.