Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default sorting data

I would like to be able to pull out certain numbers (B# in below table) from
a list A# in below table and copy the associated row values. In the example
below, starting with the left three columns how do I go to the right three
columns given the B# value column.

A# B#
1 23 5242 1 23 5242
2 34 53 3 245 25
3 245 25 4 245 25
4 245 25 6 4 5245
5 45 24 7 2 22
6 4 5245 8 4525 4
7 2 22 10 245 3
8 4525 4 11 45 45
9 2 4 14 3 24
10 245 3
11 45 45
12 3 4
13 445 3
14 3 24
15 245 5

Thanks!
Ian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Assume your source data in cols A to C, from row2 down

With your B#s listed in E2 down,
Put in F2: =INDEX(B:B,MATCH($E2,$A:$A,0))
Copy F2 to G2, fill down as required
--
Max
Singapore