kotzab

Default Help Help - Sorting Data

I have a list that I am trying to sort but have received the information
in one column - refer examlpe 1 below

EXAMPLE 1

Column A

1 Suburb
2 Name
3 Address
4
5 Suburb
6 Name
7 Address
8
9 Suburb
10 Name
11 Address
12
13 Suburb
14 Name
15 Address

Note every 4th cell is blank.

There are over 7,000 cells in the list.

I need to somehow sort the list into 3 separate columns as outlined
below:

EXAMPLE 2

Column A = Name
Column B = Address
Column C = Suburb

Is there any way this can be done?

Can anyone please urgently assist me as I have no idea?

Many thanks

--
kotzab
kotzab's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28353

Max

One way ..

Assuming source data in A1 down ..

Put in B1: =INDEX($A:$A,ROW()*4-4+COLUMN()-1)
Copy B1 across to D1, fill down until zeros appear,
signalling exhaustion of data extracted from col A
(since you have 7ooo, copy down till around D1750)

Freeze cols B to D via an "in-place"
Copy paste special values OK

Delete col A
--
Rgds
Max

[...]

Max

"7ooo" should read as: 7000 in the line
(since you have 7ooo, copy down till around D1750)

(mistakenly hit the letter "o" instead of zero, ugh ..)
--
Rgds
Max
Singapore, GMT+8
xdemechanik
http://savefile.com/projects/236895

kotzab

You are a Champion. I appreciate your help.

Warm regards from Australia

--
kotzab
kotzab's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28353