Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Trouble connecting to the newsgroups

Hi Folks!

Anyone else having trouble connecting to the newsgroups through Outlook
Express? I keep getting a time out error: "Unable to connect to server". This
started at about 2:00 PM EST Friday. My ISP is Comcast.

I'm accessing through the web interface for this post.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well, it figures!

Right after I post about it then it starts working again. Maybe I'm too
impatient?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"T. Valko" wrote in message
Hi Folks!

Anyone else having trouble connecting to the newsgroups through Outlook
Express? I keep getting a time out error: "Unable to connect to server".
This
started at about 2:00 PM EST Friday. My ISP is Comcast.

I'm accessing through the web interface for this post.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
i'm not having trouble now..but i have had problems in the past. my IPS is
windstream.
i don't know if my IPS or microsoft, but at times (sparatic), i just can't
seem to get into groups. sometimes i am in a group ( excel gen questions) and
try to switch to another (excel -programming) and i get the ol time out
error:"Unable to connect to server". clicking the "back" arrow takes me back
to the page i was on.
time of problem varies also from several minutes to several hours. most of
the time it's ok. but still ...... there are times.
wish i could give a concrete answer but sorry.....
been there, experienced that. really sucks.

maybe obama can fix all of our internet problems.......

yeah....right!

Regards
FSt1

"T. Valko" wrote:

Hi Folks!

Anyone else having trouble connecting to the newsgroups through Outlook
Express? I keep getting a time out error: "Unable to connect to server". This
started at about 2:00 PM EST Friday. My ISP is Comcast.

I'm accessing through the web interface for this post.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I've also experienced sporadic short term problems but this one was by far
the longest in duration, about 8 hrs.

It's working right now so that saves me from having to go through the
website!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"T. Valko" wrote:

Hi Folks!

Anyone else having trouble connecting to the newsgroups through Outlook
Express? I keep getting a time out error: "Unable to connect to server".
This
started at about 2:00 PM EST Friday. My ISP is Comcast.

I'm accessing through the web interface for this post.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I've had some bad days recently, where that happens every 5-10 minutes.
Interestingly my ISP is SBCGLOBAL (AT&T) and the problem occurs when I am
logged in via browser, but at the same time my connection via Windows Live
Mail works just fine?

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"T. Valko" wrote:

Hi Folks!

Anyone else having trouble connecting to the newsgroups through Outlook
Express? I keep getting a time out error: "Unable to connect to server".
This
started at about 2:00 PM EST Friday. My ISP is Comcast.

I'm accessing through the web interface for this post.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Interesting....
This last week I have had trouble 4 or 5 times. A few times it said it
couldn't connect at this time, and several times it said the site was too
busy, and that it couldn't connect. Twice I was trying to reply to someone
when it basically said "not now, try back later". I haven't had trouble this
a.m....maybe it's fixed now??
--
smither fan