Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to display the column name?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to display the column name?
For example, under column AB, I would like to display "AB" in cell AB1
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I get a formula under column AC, INDIRECT("AC"&591+1) in cell AC593.
When I copy this cell to the right under column AD, the character does not
change as I copy this cells into another location. does anyone have any
suggestions on how to display the column within Indirect function?

"Eric" wrote:

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to display the column name?
For example, under column AB, I would like to display "AB" in cell AB1
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is what responded to your question below;

Use this in cell AC593
=INDIRECT("R591C"&COLUMN(),FALSE) + 1
and copy across

This will add 1 to AC591

"Eric" wrote:

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to display the column name?
For example, under column AB, I would like to display "AB" in cell AB1
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can have numbers 1-whatever in Col of Sheet2 and A-Z,AB-AZ in Col B
and use this in A1 Sheet 1 and copy across Row1
=VLOOKUP(Column(),Sheet2!$A:$B,2,False) in

"Eric" wrote:

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to display the column name?
For example, under column AB, I would like to display "AB" in cell AB1
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

take this:

=SUBSTITUTE(CELL("address",A1),"$","")

put his on cell a1, copy it to anywhere and it will work accordingly.

no fuss no mess
--
Kind Regards,
Satti Charvak

"Eric" wrote:

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to display the column name?
For example, under column AB, I would like to display "AB" in cell AB1
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank everyone very much for any suggestions
Could you please tell me how to remove numbers and keep characters only?
Thank you very much for any suggestions
Eric

"Eric" wrote:

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to display the column name?
For example, under column AB, I would like to display "AB" in cell AB1
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank everyone for any suggestions

What about 0-9 numbers? there is a limitation to use a number of () within
Excel.
Do you have any suggestions?

"Eric" wrote:

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to display the column name?
For example, under column AB, I would like to display "AB" in cell AB1
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=SUBSTITUTE(ADDRESS(1,COLUMN(),4),1,"") is a shorter version, and will
display the column number only. What do you mean the 0-9 numbers, what are
you trying to accomplish?
--
** John C **