Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Link to filtered Data - AUTO

I would really appreciate some help with my problem.

I have a workbook with two sheets. Sheet 2 is linked to an OLE DB query that
refreshes to show new data as it gets entered.

I have filtered the data on sheet 2 to only show values from column J
without blank cells. I now need to take all the data from that filter out of
column A and place it into a row on sheet 1 so it only shows the filtered
values from column A and it automatically refreshes each time sheet 2 is
updated.

I really hope this makes sense as I am not the best with Excel.

I look forward to hearing from anyone who knows how I can do this.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I can understand the concept of that link but I am not sure it is what I
need. I need the Data Validation list in my Sheet 1 to refresh to show new
fields as they are added to the data query in sheet 2. I can link my data
validation to my list but I am not sure how I get it to only show the
filtered results and not the whole list.

Basically my Data that auto refreshes on Sheet 2 has a whole load of
contacts I do not need in my list on sheet 1. The filter I have put in place
on Sheet 2 is just an Auto filter that only shows Items that are not blank in
column J. After the filter has been put in place I need to show all the
leftover contacts in my Dropdown list on sheet 1 but I am not able to do this
without all the filtered data showing also.

The link you sent me would be ok if the data did not change all the time. I
cannot see any reference on it to a filtered list either. Is there another
way I can have the Data on sheet 2 automatically delete columns based on the
data in column j?

Sorry if I am confusing you. I am not good at explainign what I want done
But I am sure there is a solution.

Thanks