Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default cell link from the filtered data

hello there,
I have this data:
column A
xxxx
xxxx
zzzz
zzzz
zzzz
xxxx
yyyy
when I filtered it & choose the xxxx, the data shows this:
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx

Now, my problem is, i want to make a formula which can give a result from
the filtered data. In this case the result should be xxxx.

can somebody help me with this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Here's a nice Function **written by Stephen Bullen** that has helped me
overthe years. Put in a Standard module and in your spreadsheet enter:

=FilterCriteria(AFtableRange)
HTH

Function FilterCriteria(Rng As Range) As String
'By Stephen Bullen
Dim Filter As String
Filter = ""
On Error GoTo Finish
With Rng.Parent.AutoFilter
If Intersect(Rng, .Range) Is Nothing Then GoTo Finish
With .Filters(Rng.Column - .Range.Column + 1)
If Not .On Then GoTo Finish
Filter = .Criteria1
Select Case .Operator
Case xlAnd