Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Creating a Template

I am wanting to create multiple excel files that all contain the same
information however I want them all to be based on a template so when
I update the template it pushes out the changes to all of the excel
sheets that have been made from it. I guess what I need is a Source
worksheet that all of the other sheets reference. So what is the best
way to accomplish this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

templates can't do that. You would need to consider VBA code.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"newguy" wrote:

I am wanting to create multiple excel files that all contain the same
information however I want them all to be based on a template so when
I update the template it pushes out the changes to all of the excel
sheets that have been made from it. I guess what I need is a Source
worksheet that all of the other sheets reference. So what is the best
way to accomplish this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

And to be more negative than Shane...

I wouldn't expect to do this at all. If I create a workbook based on your
template and save it to my harddrive, you won't be able to push any updates to
my file.

Heck, I bet you won't even be able to tell where my files that are based on your
template are stored. They can be on my harddrive, a CD, a thumbdrive, a network
drive ...

You may be able to include some code in the template that "phones home" and
looks for updates, but man, oh, man, I would expect that to be difficult to
accomplish.

newguy wrote:

I am wanting to create multiple excel files that all contain the same
information however I want them all to be based on a template so when
I update the template it pushes out the changes to all of the excel
sheets that have been made from it. I guess what I need is a Source
worksheet that all of the other sheets reference. So what is the best
way to accomplish this.

--

Dave Peterson