Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Creating a Template

And to be more negative than Shane...

I wouldn't expect to do this at all. If I create a workbook based on your
template and save it to my harddrive, you won't be able to push any updates to
my file.

Heck, I bet you won't even be able to tell where my files that are based on your
template are stored. They can be on my harddrive, a CD, a thumbdrive, a network
drive ...

You may be able to include some code in the template that "phones home" and
looks for updates, but man, oh, man, I would expect that to be difficult to
accomplish.

newguy wrote:

I am wanting to create multiple excel files that all contain the same
information however I want them all to be based on a template so when
I update the template it pushes out the changes to all of the excel
sheets that have been made from it. I guess what I need is a Source
worksheet that all of the other sheets reference. So what is the best
way to accomplish this.

--

Dave Peterson