Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Creating a chart template

I have created a chart that I would like to use to analysis financial
information. The chart is derived from an 8-column-wide table of data (with
the number of rows depending on the amount of data that I wish to analyse).
I would now like to be able to use this same chart for any further data
tables that I create. Is there a way to,say, highlight a data series and
create a chart in exactly the same format?

Thanking you in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select a formatted chart you like then ChartChart TypeCustom TypesUser
Defined.

Your selected Chart will be shown.

Click Add to add it to a list of user defined charts.

You can also make it the default "new chart" should you choose.

It will be saved into a file named XLUSRGAL.xls

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP