Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Creating a template with excel

I have a drawing I did in excel and I would like to make it a template. How
do I do this so I can apply it to my webpage?
--
swpbbrcs
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I suspect you may mean something other than 'template' when I see "drawing"
and then it is used with "apply it to my webpage". Explain a little more
please. What exactly do you want to do with the file at your website?

"Tired of Setbacks" wrote:

I have a drawing I did in excel and I would like to make it a template. How
do I do this so I can apply it to my webpage?
--
swpbbrcs

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Two things. First, to actually save the file as a reusable template use
File | Save As and choose the Excel Template (*.xlt) file format to save the
file. At that point you'll always be able to create a new, clean workbook
using it by using the File | New | from templates on my computer option.

Second, I think what you really want to do with your logo is to include it
as a graphic on your web site, and what you'll want to do to get there is
convert your Excel created logo into a graphic file format suitable for use
on the internet such as a .jpg, .tif or .gif file. The easiest way to do
that is to get a screen grabbing application such as PrintKey 2000 (free
from: http://www.webtree.ca/newlife/printkey_info.htm ) or IrfanView (also
free from: http://www.irfanview.com/ ) or the excellent not-free (but 30-day
trial available) SnagIt from http://www.techsmith.com/screen-capture.asp

Install one of those, open your Excel file and I'd recommend using Print
Preview and then use the screen capture program to focus in on the graphic
portion of the display and save the capture as a .jpg, .tif or .gif file and
put that on your web page.

If you're uncomfortable with any of this, you could send me the file as an
email attachment and I can create the graphic file for you and return it via
email also:
HelpFrom @ jlathamsite.com (without spaces) will get the file to me.

You are going to need to be able to edit your web page(s) where you want to
include the logo. Either in a WYSWIG type editor like FrontPage, or by
modifying the html code for the web page(s) using a simple text editor to
include a reference to the image file within the page's code. In either
case, the graphic needs to be uploaded to your website space so that it can
be used in other web pages.