Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Hlookup extension

Hi Guys,

I am currently using the formula: =Hlookup($B$36,$D$2:BB:42,2,False). What I
need to add however is something that will return the corresponding value one
column to the right of the current specified value

So for example find the word "dog" in row 2 and return the value 1 row
below and one column to the right.

All help would again be very warmly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Ant

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this:

=INDEX($D$3:BC$3,MATCH($B$36,$D$2:BB$2,0)+1))

You had some typos on your range, but I think I have deduced them
correctly.

Hope this helps.

Pete