Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Spinners and protected sheets

Excel 2003

I made a beautiful spreadsheet doing some calculations for real estate
finance and went to protect it so users can not inadvertently alter it.
However, my spinners are not working as I believe they should.

I have a spinner used to vary the interest rate from 2% to 13%. I used a
proxy cell (A1) and divided by 10000 to enable the rate to adjust in .25%
increments. The cell plugs in at B1 (=A1/10000). Cell B1 reminds me it's a
formula and to protect it. The Spinner seems to have a unlocked status
seperate to cell B1, which I want the user to use, but when sheet is
protected I can't change the spinner??? that can't be right?

Thanks in advance!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe you can use an unlocked cell on that same worksheet, but put it way out of
the way (and hide the column/row that contains that cell???).

Or put the cell on a different worksheet and then hide that entire worksheet and
protect the structure of the workbook.

But yep, that linked cell has to be unlocked on a protected worksheet (or on an
unprotected worksheet).

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Dave,
I had to read "But yep, that LINKED CELL has to be unlocked on a protected
worksheet" 3 times but it finally got thru my head that the linked cell
itself WAS hidden in a seperate row AND was locked. You da man!