Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John Galt[_2_] John Galt[_2_] is offline

Default Spinners and protected sheets

Excel 2003

I made a beautiful spreadsheet doing some calculations for real estate
finance and went to protect it so users can not inadvertently alter it.
However, my spinners are not working as I believe they should.

I have a spinner used to vary the interest rate from 2% to 13%. I used a
proxy cell (A1) and divided by 10000 to enable the rate to adjust in .25%
increments. The cell plugs in at B1 (=A1/10000). Cell B1 reminds me it's a
formula and to protect it. The Spinner seems to have a unlocked status
seperate to cell B1, which I want the user to use, but when sheet is
protected I can't change the spinner??? that can't be right?

Thanks in advance!