Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Protected Sheets

Hi,

I have protected certian cells in my sheet. The sheet that I have protected
is a shared attendance sheet where people can insert comments, and numbers.

Since I have protected my sheet we can insert numbers, but we can't insert
any comments. How can I leave certian cells protected and give others the
right to insert these comments?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When you protect the sheet (Tools Protection Protect sheet), you are
presented with a list of options, with a checkbox by each one. If "Edit
objects" is checked, users will be able to insert comments in protected cells.

Hope this helps,

Hutch

"Jeanne724" wrote:

Hi,

I have protected certian cells in my sheet. The sheet that I have protected
is a shared attendance sheet where people can insert comments, and numbers.

Since I have protected my sheet we can insert numbers, but we can't insert
any comments. How can I leave certian cells protected and give others the
right to insert these comments?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In versions 2002 and 2003 you can Protect the sheet and allow users to "select
unlocked cells" and "Edit Objects".

De-select allow users to "select locked cells".

This will allow inserting comments in unlocked cells.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP