Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tom Hutchins Tom Hutchins is offline

Default Protected Sheets

When you protect the sheet (Tools Protection Protect sheet), you are
presented with a list of options, with a checkbox by each one. If "Edit
objects" is checked, users will be able to insert comments in protected cells.

Hope this helps,

Hutch

"Jeanne724" wrote:

Hi,

I have protected certian cells in my sheet. The sheet that I have protected
is a shared attendance sheet where people can insert comments, and numbers.

Since I have protected my sheet we can insert numbers, but we can't insert
any comments. How can I leave certian cells protected and give others the
right to insert these comments?