Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I delete or modify an existing drop down list?

I created a drop down list for input validation but need to eother add to the
list or delete the existing list and re-create it. How do I do that?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Nov 4, 10:05*am, Jim Bradley <Jim
wrote:
I created a drop down list for input validation but need to eother add to the
list or delete the existing list and re-create it. How do I do that?

Jim,
Go to data/validation and chose any value to remove the validation.
If you want to change it to something else then go back to Data/
Validation and chose another validation and or List.
Jay
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You're the person who created the DV dropdown list so you should know what
the list is comprised of.

Is it a range of cells or a comma-delimited list?

In either case, re-define the range or delete from the comma-delimited list.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP