Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I delete existing data from a drop down menu list?

I am trying to update data in a spreadsheet that has a drop down menu list. I
need to update the data in the menu list. How do i go about doing that? can
it be done?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Assuming the dropdown is data validation (DV), you have to change it at
source. Select any cell with the dropdown, click Data Validation Settings
tab. Look at the "Source" box which will reveal where the source list is.
Edit the source as required, then extend the source range as required. If the
source is a defined range (a named range), click Insert Name Define to
find out where it is, then edit/extend as required.
--
Max
Singapore