Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default grouping instead of single cell

Hi.. didnt quite know where to paste this question. but i was wondering if
anyone has been having the same problem with their vista and excel 2007.
Sometimes, quite randomly if i click on a single cell a group of cells will
highlight or if i want to delete a row, two will highlight. doesnt happen all
the time but enough to make it tedious. Ive check edit in cell and ive
checked cell groups and now im out of ideas. Would appreciate it if someone
could help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe the cells are merged?

Maybe you have EXTend mode turned on. Hit F8 to toggle it on/off.

Maybe the mouse buttons are stuck???

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try setting the Zoom level a little lower.

The multiple cell selection is a bug in Excel 2007.

The zoom-changing appears to fix it.

I don't have 2007 but a few postings have made the suggestion and it seems
to work.

Here is one such posting.

http://tinyurl.com/3wofsf

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 3 Nov 2008 21:54:00 -0800, misscharliebrown
wrote:

Hi.. didnt quite know where to paste this question. but i was wondering if
anyone has been having the same problem with their vista and excel 2007.
Sometimes, quite randomly if i click on a single cell a group of cells will
highlight or if i want to delete a row, two will highlight. doesnt happen all
the time but enough to make it tedious. Ive check edit in cell and ive
checked cell groups and now im out of ideas. Would appreciate it if someone
could help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

okay tried. changed zoom to 100% worked for maybe 20 clicks. No mouse is not
stuck. but its almost like the shift key is stuck. because once the multi
cells get selected its impossible to move to a cell above it.

Ive read some of the other postings im glad its not just me ( im a clutz at
the best of times).

wrote:

Hi.. didnt quite know where to paste this question. but i was wondering if
anyone has been having the same problem with their vista and excel 2007.
Sometimes, quite randomly if i click on a single cell a group of cells will
highlight or if i want to delete a row, two will highlight. doesnt happen all
the time but enough to make it tedious. Ive check edit in cell and ive
checked cell groups and now im out of ideas. Would appreciate it if someone
could help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If occuring randomly, it can't be that the F8 key has been touched to place
you into EXTended mode.

Seems to occur in 2007 but I have no other ideas.

Gord