Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Cell grouping

Hello,

This is the problem. I have 5 columns that are in this order, Date,
Req.#, Requestor, Dept. and notes. I need to know how to arrange the
entire row where the departments are grouped together with the
corresponding information. The dates are not important as this report
is quarterly; I know how to sort a column by itself but not the entire
page.

Thanks,

--
jackel
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Select all of the cells in all columns/rows that is to be sorted. Then, from
the menu bar, use Data | Sort a 'wizard' will pop up and ask you which
columns to use as the sort key(s). This will keep all of the data together
as it is sorted by your departments.

"jackel" wrote:

Hello,

This is the problem. I have 5 columns that are in this order, Date,
Req.#, Requestor, Dept. and notes. I need to know how to arrange the
entire row where the departments are grouped together with the
corresponding information. The dates are not important as this report
is quarterly; I know how to sort a column by itself but not the entire
page.

Thanks,

--
jackel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I should add that usually Excel is smart enough to know that when you grab
one column of information to sort, and it is contiguous with other columns
with data in them, to grab them all and use the one you started with as the
key. But the way I laid out above is the 'sure and certain' way.

"jackel" wrote:

Hello,

This is the problem. I have 5 columns that are in this order, Date,
Req.#, Requestor, Dept. and notes. I need to know how to arrange the
entire row where the departments are grouped together with the
corresponding information. The dates are not important as this report
is quarterly; I know how to sort a column by itself but not the entire
page.

Thanks,

--
jackel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

-

"jackel" wrote:
-

Hello,

This is the problem. I have 5 columns that are in this order, Date,
Req.#, Requestor, Dept. and notes. I need to know how to arrange the
entire row where the departments are grouped together with the
corresponding information. The dates are not important as this
report
is quarterly; I know how to sort a column by itself but not the
entire
page.

Thanks,

--
jackel
--

That worked perfect, Thanks for the info!

--
jackel