Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default Cell grouping

Select all of the cells in all columns/rows that is to be sorted. Then, from
the menu bar, use Data | Sort a 'wizard' will pop up and ask you which
columns to use as the sort key(s). This will keep all of the data together
as it is sorted by your departments.

"jackel" wrote:

Hello,

This is the problem. I have 5 columns that are in this order, Date,
Req.#, Requestor, Dept. and notes. I need to know how to arrange the
entire row where the departments are grouped together with the
corresponding information. The dates are not important as this report
is quarterly; I know how to sort a column by itself but not the entire
page.

Thanks,

--
jackel