Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default #### displays instead of text

In a cell formatted for text, the contents display as #####, whether wrap is
selected or not in the Format options. Widening the column doesn't solve the
problem, as with numerals in number-formatted cells.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See if re-formatting the cell to General solves your problem.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200811

"Wendy Farkas" wrote:

In a cell formatted for text, the contents display as #####, whether wrap is
selected or not in the Format options. Widening the column doesn't solve the
problem, as with numerals in number-formatted cells.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How many characters are in the cell ? I have found that if you have alot of
characters in a single cell it will show"#######" instead of the actual
contents. Each cell in a worksheet has a maximum size, I just cannot remember
what it is or where I found it.

"Wendy Farkas" wrote:

In a cell formatted for text, the contents display as #####, whether wrap is
selected or not in the Format options. Widening the column doesn't solve the
problem, as with numerals in number-formatted cells.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Need more info..
Whets in the cell..? Click on the cell and look in the
formula bar.
Try Merging With Other Cells..Across or down..?

"SSG QuarterMaster" .(donotspam) wrote in
message
| How many characters are in the cell ? I have found that if
you have alot of
| characters in a single cell it will show"#######" instead
of the actual
| contents. Each cell in a worksheet has a maximum size, I
just cannot remember
| what it is or where I found it.
|
| "Wendy Farkas" wrote:
|
| In a cell formatted for text, the contents display as
#####, whether wrap is
| selected or not in the Format options. Widening the
column doesn't solve the
| problem, as with numerals in number-formatted cells.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't think more info will help.

Excel has trouble with cells formatted as text where the contents are between
255 and 1024 characters.

Changing the formatting to General (or anything but text) and the ##'s should go
away.

Andrew wrote:

Need more info..
Whets in the cell..? Click on the cell and look in the
formula bar.
Try Merging With Other Cells..Across or down..?

"SSG QuarterMaster" .(donotspam) wrote in
message
| How many characters are in the cell ? I have found that if
you have alot of
| characters in a single cell it will show"#######" instead
of the actual
| contents. Each cell in a worksheet has a maximum size, I
just cannot remember
| what it is or where I found it.
|
| "Wendy Farkas" wrote:
|
| In a cell formatted for text, the contents display as
#####, whether wrap is
| selected or not in the Format options. Widening the
column doesn't solve the
| problem, as with numerals in number-formatted cells.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yep, Was thinking perhaps to split the contents over several
cells..?
But that depends on the formatting as u pointed out.