Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
AJH AJH is offline

Default Text displays as ####

I am using excel 2007 , have set the cell range to wrap text. Some cells in
the range behave properly, automaticly adjusting row hight and wraping text,
while other cells in the range will only display a row of ####### when the
text extends past the cell width.
If I change the cell range format to "general" they will behave properly but
when I change the cell format range back to "text" only the previously
affected cells revert to the same problem displaying #######
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The Text number format has problem with long text entries. So use General.
The only reason to use Text would be to have entries that would otherwise be
treated a numbers to be treated as text. Since your entries are not in
danger of that happening there is no reason not to use General.

--
Jim