Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default adding a picture to a form

Hi there

I have created a form and what to put a picture on it. Can this be done, if
so, how?
--
Thank-you!
Ruth
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I found where you can add an image through the Image button in the toolbox,
but it says that the file is too large. How can I fix this? Teh file is in
Microsoft Office Picture manager. I have 2 sizes one is 1055 KB and the
other 41 KB-- both have the extenstion bmp. (The smaller one has a reduced
image)
--
Thank-you!
Ruth

"Ruth" wrote:

Hi there

I have created a form and what to put a picture on it. Can this be done, if
so, how?
--
Thank-you!
Ruth

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
your terminology is a tad confusing but it you are using the standard image
control then try setting the picture size mode property to zoom. this should
shrink picture to fit. you may have to "play" with it some.

regards
FSt1

"Ruth" wrote:

Hi there

I have created a form and what to put a picture on it. Can this be done, if
so, how?
--
Thank-you!
Ruth

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry about the terminology... but what I am trying to say is that it will
not import the picture because it says the file size is too large. The one
file I tried is only 41 KB. Is there another way to do this? Or is there a
program that I can save the picture in that Excel will accept?
--
Thank-you!
Ruth

"Ruth" wrote:

Hi there

I have created a form and what to put a picture on it. Can this be done, if
so, how?
--
Thank-you!
Ruth

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
odd. i just loaded a bitmap 1348 kb in both form image control and sheet
image control. the zoom properties worked on both controls.
what version of xl do you have???? i'm working with 03. if 07, somthing may
have changed i don't know about yet.
wild stab and not sure but try opening pic in paint and save as a jpeg. not
sure if that will do any good but excel may be seeing something we can't and
may be displaying "a" error message instead of "the" error message.

regards
FSt1

"Ruth" wrote:

Hi there

I have created a form and what to put a picture on it. Can this be done, if
so, how?
--
Thank-you!
Ruth

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am using xl 03
I have a from open in 'edit mode' I click on the Image icon in the toolbox
select Customize image, load picture, then select the picture

It states "Image was not loaded because it is too large"

I reduced the picture size and compressed the file in Microsoft Office
Picture manager, but I still get the same message. Am I following the
correct steps?

--
Thank-you!
Ruth

"Ruth" wrote:

Hi there

I have created a form and what to put a picture on it. Can this be done, if
so, how?
--
Thank-you!
Ruth

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
no you are not following the right steps. i followed your steps and go your
error message.
instead click the image control and drag it to the form. right click the
image control and select properties. scroll down to picture and click in the
right input box. click on the square with 3 dots in it at the far right then
brouse for and select your pic. also you may need to set the picture size
mode to zoom. that should do it.
sorry about taking so long to get back but i got hung up. don't you hate
when you have work to do. bummer.

Regards
FSt1

"Ruth" wrote:

Hi there

I have created a form and what to put a picture on it. Can this be done, if
so, how?
--
Thank-you!
Ruth

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank-you very much-- that works perfectly.

as for work--I feel the same way about it right now. I am glad it is
Friday-- that is for sure.

--
Thank-you!
Ruth