ADG

Default in excel how can i have text ontop of a picture? (a scanned form)

I have scanned a blank form and copied it into excel.

I would like to then type ontop of it (in normal cells) so that my text can
therefore be printed on this form. Can you please explain how i can do this?

Thanks
Carole O

Try using the text box on the Drawing Toolbar (View, toolbars, drawing).
Select the icon with the A in a box, draw where you want the box to appear,
then type in it. There will be a black lined box around it, which you can
remove by clicking on the box line (the pattern will change slightly), go to
the icon in the Drawing Toolbar that has 4 solid lines on it, click on it,
select More Lines, then in Lines (middle of box), click on the down arrow in
Color, and select No Lines.

Hope this helps,

Carole O

"ADG" wrote:

I have scanned a blank form and copied it into excel.

I would like to then type ontop of it (in normal cells) so that my text can
therefore be printed on this form. Can you please explain how i can do this?

Thanks

Earl Kiosterud

ADG,

The only way to have cell stuff appear on top of a picture is to use a
background image (Format - Sheet - Background). It will tile the picture
all over the worksheet, won't change size as you zoom, won't let you resize
the image, and won't print it.