jw_schmid

Default how do I enable "import text file" excel 2002?

When importing text files into an Excel worksheet I previously went to
"data" "import external data" "import text file"

With Excel 2002 my choices lead me to a"select data source" window which is
much more cumbersome. Does the "import text file" still exist in excel 2002?
Dave Peterson

I pretty much use:
file|open
and copy that imported data to where I want it.

But you can add an icon to your favorite toolbar to skip a step or two.
tools|customize|commands tab|Data category
look for "import data" and drag it to where you want.

(not much help, though.)

--

Dave Peterson
jw_schmid

It was really helpful to learn that the "customize" feature in the "tools"
command would give me a solution to my problem. Now that I know about
it , I'll use it more often.