Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Adding a picture to a comment box

Hello, I saw this while I was reading the forum yesterday and cant find it
anywhere!! I wanted to use this function in one of my Excel sheets. I wanted
to add a picture to a comment box or when the mouse runs over a cell a
picture would pop up. But I wanted to still be able to type into that cell.

Thanks!!
Chad
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

To add a picture to a Comment:

Insert the comment into the cell
Right-Click that cell, and select "Edit Comment"
Right-Click on the border of the comment box
Select "Format Comment..."
Select the "Colors and Lines" Tab
Under Fill Color, select "Fill Effects"
Select the "Picture" Tab
Click the "Select Picture" button
Choose the picture file you want
Click "Insert"
Click OK
Click OK

HTH,
Elkar

"oxicottin" wrote:

Hello, I saw this while I was reading the forum yesterday and cant find it
anywhere!! I wanted to use this function in one of my Excel sheets. I wanted
to add a picture to a comment box or when the mouse runs over a cell a
picture would pop up. But I wanted to still be able to type into that cell.

Thanks!!
Chad

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you're looking for instructions, visit Debra Dalgleish's site:
http://contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Picture

And using a comment (even with a picture) won't stop you from entering something
in that cell.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming you have a comment in a cell..........

Right-click on the cell and "Edit Comment"

Right-click on the border of the Comment and Format CommentColors and Lines.

Hit Color drop-down and select "Fill Effects".

Follow your nose from there.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP