Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default excel 2003 not calculating

Hi All

Is there any particular thing that would stop excel from calculating. It was
taking entries but formulas where not producing results and only previous
results were being displayed. I have rebooted my spread sheet from a previous
back up and all is now working . I am just a bit concerned it is something I
did unknowingly

Stew
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Tools Options... Calculation Automatic
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200810
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You probably had the calculation mode set to manual - this setting can
be picked up from another workbook opened in the same Excel session.
Click on Tools | Options | Calculation tab and check Automatic to
return it to the usual setting, and then save your file.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 29, 10:13*am, stew wrote:
* Hi All

Is there any particular thing that would stop excel from calculating. It was
taking entries but formulas where not producing results and only previous
results were being displayed. I have rebooted my spread sheet from a previous
back up and all is now working . I am just a bit concerned it is something I
did unknowingly

Stew

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel takes the Automatic/Manual calculation setting from the first Workbook
opend in that session. The setting can be changed without having to reboot
by selecting: Tools Options Calculation and selecting Automatic.

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings