Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Fiscal Month Formula

Hello
I NEED FISCAL Month
I used the weeknum function to determine the week number of the date in
column T
I added a column at the end labeled 'fiscal month'
and I used this formula
=IF(T2<5,"Jan",IF(T2<8,"Feb")) but I cannot fit all 12 months in this
formula.
What formula can I use to determine the fiscal month , I need to use all 12
month from Jan to Dec., or Is there another way to do this?
Thanks in Advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe you can enlighten us what numbers you are using, don't assume that
everyone knows what a fiscal month cover. If you had posted all the
necessary numbers with their respective month I would have given you a
formula now I can only assume

=IF(T2="","",VLOOKUP(T2,{0,"Jan";5,"Feb";8,"Mar"}, 2))

will work for Jan and Feb and you can use the same method to extend it

Peo Sjoblom

"Marilyn" wrote in message
Hello
I NEED FISCAL Month
I used the weeknum function to determine the week number of the date in
column T
I added a column at the end labeled 'fiscal month'
and I used this formula
=IF(T2<5,"Jan",IF(T2<8,"Feb")) but I cannot fit all 12 months in this
formula.
What formula can I use to determine the fiscal month , I need to use all
12
month from Jan to Dec., or Is there another way to do this?
Thanks in Advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One way is to enter in Col A of Sheet 2 the following;
0
6
10
14
19
23
27
32
36
40
45
49
In Col B enter
Jan
Feb
Mar
Apr
May
Jun
Jul
Aug
Sep
Oct
Nov
Dec

Now replace =IF(T2<5,"Jan",IF(T2<8,"Feb")) with
=VLOOKUP(T2,Sheet2!A:B,2,TRUE) and copy down.

You can replace with the reference to the two columns where you have
0 Jan, 6 Feb, ... You may adjust the numbers in Col A if they are not what
you want...
--
Always provide your feedback so that others know whether the solution worked
or problem still persists ...

"Marilyn" wrote:

Hello
I NEED FISCAL Month
I used the weeknum function to determine the week number of the date in
column T
I added a column at the end labeled 'fiscal month'
and I used this formula
=IF(T2<5,"Jan",IF(T2<8,"Feb")) but I cannot fit all 12 months in this
formula.
What formula can I use to determine the fiscal month , I need to use all 12
month from Jan to Dec., or Is there another way to do this?
Thanks in Advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

The Weeknum function supports 2 methods for determine week number, but I
can't figure out how <8 is February? That means February ends on 2/16/08 or
2/17/08, and I'm not familar with that approach to fiscal months.

However, the basic idea is to list the values 5, 7, ... in one column and
the fiscal months next to them:
1 Jan
5 Feb
8 Mar

Then your formula would be =VLOOKUP(T2,Table,2,TRUE)
or
=VLOOKUP(T2,Table,2)

Where Table is the range shown above.

--