Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default summing occurances of text by fiscal month

I have a sheet with a column with a date(date format) and a column of
type(text). I'm trying to figure out how to count the number of times
something appears in the type column for a specific date range(financial
month). I'm currently using =COUNTIF('DAILY PI'!U:U,"various text entry") for
my yearly count, but I need to set up lookups based on financial month. Any
suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Assuming real dates in col A

If it's for a certain mth/yr, something like this:
=SUMPRODUCT((TEXT('Daily PI'!A1:A100,"mmmyy")= "Jan08")*('Daily
PI'!U1:U100="Text1"))

If it's for a certain period (startdate to enddate),
then something like this:
=SUMPRODUCT(('Daily PI'!A1:A100= --"15 Jan 2008")*('Daily PI'!A1:A100<=
--"14 Feb 2008")*('Daily PI'!U1:U100="Text1"))
--
Max
Singapore