Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ShaneDevenshire ShaneDevenshire is offline

Default Fiscal Month Formula

Hi,

The Weeknum function supports 2 methods for determine week number, but I
can't figure out how <8 is February? That means February ends on 2/16/08 or
2/17/08, and I'm not familar with that approach to fiscal months.

However, the basic idea is to list the values 5, 7, ... in one column and
the fiscal months next to them:
1 Jan
5 Feb
8 Mar

Then your formula would be =VLOOKUP(T2,Table,2,TRUE)
or
=VLOOKUP(T2,Table,2)

Where Table is the range shown above.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Marilyn" wrote:

Hello
I NEED FISCAL Month
I used the weeknum function to determine the week number of the date in
column T
I added a column at the end labeled 'fiscal month'
and I used this formula
=IF(T2<5,"Jan",IF(T2<8,"Feb")) but I cannot fit all 12 months in this
formula.
What formula can I use to determine the fiscal month , I need to use all 12
month from Jan to Dec., or Is there another way to do this?
Thanks in Advance