Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GM GM is offline

Default Moving data left

I have done this in the past with 2007, now it will not give me the option of
deleting only one cell or a few and moving the other cells up or left, etc.
It only gives me the option to delete the entire row.

Work around ... highlight desired cells and and cut and paste them over
where I want them. It is easier to just delete a cell and have it
automatically move the entire row over one cell or many if desired.

I'm not understanding why it works and then just doesn't?????

GM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GM GM is offline

Yes, that was my normal procedure ... however, now it only gives me the
option to 'delete row' and I do not want to delete the entire row ... just a
cell or two.

?????

"GM" wrote:

I have done this in the past with 2007, now it will not give me the option of
deleting only one cell or a few and moving the other cells up or left, etc.
It only gives me the option to delete the entire row.

Work around ... highlight desired cells and and cut and paste them over
where I want them. It is easier to just delete a cell and have it
automatically move the entire row over one cell or many if desired.

I'm not understanding why it works and then just doesn't?????

GM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GM GM is offline

I have another thread in here 'Copy and Paste 2007' where I'm having a
similar situation. It was copying and pasting just fine and then the very
next time (within minutes of the last time) it just pastes blanks. It
appears to be pasting, but no data appears, just leave the fields blank.

"GM" wrote:

I have done this in the past with 2007, now it will not give me the option of
deleting only one cell or a few and moving the other cells up or left, etc.
It only gives me the option to delete the entire row.

Work around ... highlight desired cells and and cut and paste them over
where I want them. It is easier to just delete a cell and have it
automatically move the entire row over one cell or many if desired.

I'm not understanding why it works and then just doesn't?????

GM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GM GM is offline

When you have filtered rows, it will not allow you to only delete one cell
.... only an entire row.