Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Maintaining Row Height When Sorting

I am using Excel 2003, Windows XP. The row height in the worksheet varies
depending on the amount of text in some of the columns. When I sort on one of
the columns, the cell sizes seem to change and some are too large and in some
all of the text cannot be seen. How can I prevent this from happening each
time I sort?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

by hi
i think that excel sorts by value and not format which may be the sorce of
your problem.
what to do? personally i don't think you can do anytning about it.
at a loss here. mvp's step forward and prove me wrong.

regards
FSt1

"Dawn" wrote:

I am using Excel 2003, Windows XP. The row height in the worksheet varies
depending on the amount of text in some of the columns. When I sort on one of
the columns, the cell sizes seem to change and some are too large and in some
all of the text cannot be seen. How can I prevent this from happening each
time I sort?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi, !

I am using Excel 2003, Windows XP.
The row height in the worksheet varies depending on the amount of text in some of the columns.
When I sort on one of the columns, the cell sizes seem to change and some are too large
and in some all of the text cannot be seen.
How can I prevent this from happening each time I sort?

AFAIK *IF* you format the cells/range/column allignment for text wraping
the format "follows" the cells to its new location every time you sort the area
(assuming the cells are hard-coded vaues, NOT formulae)

hth,
hector.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi!

Thank you. I tried your suggestion. I made sure to format the worksheet
with all of the cells/range/column allignment for text wraping, there are no
formulae. I made sure all of the data in all cells were visible by manually
adjusting the cell height of each row. I sorted on the column and selected
all of the columns and again some of data in some of the cells were not
visible. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks again.

hi, !