Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Controlling Decimal points in Formula

Hi! I'm puzzled...thanks for any help!

I have set up a formula to show a calculated % between parentheses. Working
great, but now would like to round out result to 1 decimal point. Since I
think I've converted to text using "", I can't use Excel's normal decimal
point tool.

I'm getting "ugly looking" results like (30.333333333333%). I'd like it to
show (30.3%).

Here's my formula, which yields (70%), given the data example below.

="("&A1/SUM(B1:B5)%&"%"&")"

A B
1 50 10
2 5
3 10
4 5
5 5

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try
="("&ROUND((A1/SUM(B1:B5)%),1)&"%"&")"

Hope this helps,

Hutch

"Stilla" wrote:

Hi! I'm puzzled...thanks for any help!

I have set up a formula to show a calculated % between parentheses. Working
great, but now would like to round out result to 1 decimal point. Since I
think I've converted to text using "", I can't use Excel's normal decimal
point tool.

I'm getting "ugly looking" results like (30.333333333333%). I'd like it to
show (30.3%).

Here's my formula, which yields (70%), given the data example below.

="("&A1/SUM(B1:B5)%&"%"&")"

A B
1 50 10
2 5