Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formatting Decimal points

I want to do a custom number format that will automatically mark off two
decimal places just like my adding machine does.

Ex: type 12345 entry becomes $123.45
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

ToolsOptions, Edit tab, check Fixed decimal

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"sizemorem" wrote in message ...
|I want to do a custom number format that will automatically mark off two
| decimal places just like my adding machine does.
|
| Ex: type 12345 entry becomes $123.45

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There is no Custom Format to do what you want.

You can follow Niek's suggestion for FDP but be aware that this is a global
setting and will affect all workbooks.

If you don't want the 123.45 in a cell enter it as 12345. to override the FDP

There are other methods that would involve VBA

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP