Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ahiru

Default hlookup function

Hi.Can anybody help me to solve this problem with hlookup function?

I have a worksheet with students' midterm grade.The instructor would
like to see what would be the impact of using a Progressive Curve on
the Midterm grade.
If student misses Exam and has a zero – then keep it at zero
If student has a grade 1-119 points, increase their grade by 25 points
If student has a grade 120-125 points, increase their grade by 20
points
If student has a grade 126-131 points, increase their grade by 16
points
If student has a grade 132-139 points, increase their grade by 14
points
If student has a grade 140-145 points, increase their grade by 12
points
If student has a grade 146-153 points, increase their grade by 10
points
If student has a grade 154-159 points, increase their grade by 8
points
If student has a grade 160-165 points, increase their grade by 6
points
If student has a grade 166-173 points, increase their grade by 4
points
If student has a grade 174-179 points, increase their grade by 3
points
If student has a grade 180-185 points, increase their grade by 2
points
If student has a grade 186-200 points, increase their grade by 1 point

Thanks a lot!

--
ahiru
ahiru's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32968

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Hi!

Create a 2 column table like this:

0 0
1 25
120 20
126 16
132 14
140 12
146 10
154 8
160 6
166 4
174 3
180 2
186 1

Assume that table is in the range F1:G13

A1 = grade points

=VLOOKUP(A1,F1:G13,2)

Biff

"ahiru" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Ooops!

I overlooked the fact that you want to add this value to the grade points,
so:

=A1+VLOOKUP(A1,F1:G13,2)

Biff

"Biff" wrote in message
[...]

View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dana DeLouis

...The instructor would
like to see what would be the impact
of using a Progressive Curve on...

Just a fun observation. I would be a little upset if I got a 120, but
another student who got a 119 ends up with a better grade.
119 - 144
120 - 140

--
HTH. :)

[...]