Louise

Default HLookUp Function

Hi all

I often use VLookUp tables, however, I've never used HLookUp.

Is the only difference between them the way the data in the table is
displayed - either in columns or rows?

Thank you.

Louise

Charles Woll

Searches for a value in the leftmost column of a table, and then returns a
value in the same row from a column you specify in the table. Use VLOOKUP
instead of HLOOKUP when your comparison values are located in a column to
the left of the data you want to find.

The V in VLOOKUP stands for "Vertical."

charlie

"Louise" wrote in message
Hi all

I often use VLookUp tables, however, I've never used HLookUp.

Is the only difference between them the way the data in the table is
displayed - either in columns or rows?

Thank you.

Louise

Springbok

Hi Louise,

In a nutshell - yes. Instead of spanning down a set of columns to conduct a
lookup, it looks across a set of rows. Instead of referencing using a column
index number it uses a row index number.

Cheers,
Jon