Paul K.

Default Decimal points not needed

I use functions to change price lists, but I don't need the currency shown
with decimal points, even though I use the format cell facility and request
settings with whole numbers only at times the answer is shown to 2 decimal
places and cannot be changed using the format cell. Why is this?
For example I have a trade price of 1283 which I multiply by 2.4 to give
3079 in an adjacent cell when I view this in the formula bar it shows 3079.2
which I don't want as this data is uploaded to a database and needs to be
whole numbers.
JE McGimpsey

Display format has nothing to do with how the value's stored/calculated.

If you want the value always to have the displayed precision, check the
Precision as displayed checkbox in Tools/Options/Calculation. This is a
global change for the workbook, however.

Otherwise, use ROUND() (or possibly INT()) to give you whole numbers:

=ROUND(1283*2.4,0)