Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Linking Documents

I'm working on a research project and I have written a program in excel that
is complete except for information that needs to be provided by our
participants.

My question is, is there a way to link cells in my program document to cells
in a document that have not yet been created(the info the participants will
provide)?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No, you can not.

But you can create an empty file, link to it and then replace it with the
correct file when you get it.

Hope this answers your question. Let me know.