Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Changing Length of Cell Contents

The maximum Limit for the length of a Cell is 32767 characters is there any
way to change that limit for a specific Cell.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dlw dlw is offline

that's a pretty long formula

"taylord1936" wrote:

The maximum Limit for the length of a Cell is 32767 characters is there any
way to change that limit for a specific Cell.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

no

"taylord1936" wrote:

The maximum Limit for the length of a Cell is 32767 characters is there any
way to change that limit for a specific Cell.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel is really not meant for novels... but I don't think you can change a
cells character limit. Maybe merging cells will help?

"taylord1936" wrote:

The maximum Limit for the length of a Cell is 32767 characters is there any
way to change that limit for a specific Cell.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

But please don't come here for sympathy when merged cells cause you problems
later. The archives of this group contain countless horror stories
regarding merged cells.
--
David Biddulph