-   -   Changing Length of Cell Contents (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/199438-changing-length-cell-contents.html)

taylord1936

Changing Length of Cell Contents

The maximum Limit for the length of a Cell is 32767 characters is there any
way to change that limit for a specific Cell.

dlw

Changing Length of Cell Contents

that's a pretty long formula

"taylord1936" wrote:

The maximum Limit for the length of a Cell is 32767 characters is there any
way to change that limit for a specific Cell.

FSt1

Changing Length of Cell Contents

no

"taylord1936" wrote:

The maximum Limit for the length of a Cell is 32767 characters is there any
way to change that limit for a specific Cell.

AKphidelt

Changing Length of Cell Contents

Excel is really not meant for novels... but I don't think you can change a
cells character limit. Maybe merging cells will help?

"taylord1936" wrote:

The maximum Limit for the length of a Cell is 32767 characters is there any
way to change that limit for a specific Cell.

David Biddulph[_2_]

Changing Length of Cell Contents

But please don't come here for sympathy when merged cells cause you problems
later. The archives of this group contain countless horror stories
regarding merged cells.
--
David Biddulph

"taylord1936" wrote:

The maximum Limit for the length of a Cell is 32767 characters is there
any
way to change that limit for a specific Cell.

Dave Peterson

Changing Length of Cell Contents

But the number of characters in a merged range is still 32k - 1.

"taylord1936" wrote:

The maximum Limit for the length of a Cell is 32767 characters is there any
way to change that limit for a specific Cell.

--

Dave Peterson

FSt1

Changing Length of Cell Contents

THANK YOU! maybe someday we can finelly get that word out.

Regards
FSt1