Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Page Setup when saving a worksheet as a web page

I have a workbook with 70 worksheets that I need to share with 70 people.
Each person is only to have access to one of the worksheets from the
workbook. I am currently saving each of the 70 worksheets in my workbook as
a separte, non-interactive web page, in 70 seperate folders. When I do this,
I lose the page formatting in my worksheets. Each new webpage wants to print
as 4 pages instead of 1 as they do in my workbook. Is there any way to copy
the page formatting to the web pages, other than going into each of the 70
web pages and reformatting? Or is there a better way for me to share all of
these worksheets, so that I will not lose my formatting? Any suggestions
would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
--
patty
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When you save a worksheet as a webpage it is no longer a real worksheet and
most Excel settings are lost. At the risk of stating the obvious, saving
each worksheet are its own workbook should fix these issues. If users do
not have Excel there is a viewer available from MS.

--
Jim
"pattyw" wrote in message
|I have a workbook with 70 worksheets that I need to share with 70 people.
| Each person is only to have access to one of the worksheets from the
| workbook. I am currently saving each of the 70 worksheets in my workbook
as
| a separte, non-interactive web page, in 70 seperate folders. When I do
this,
| I lose the page formatting in my worksheets. Each new webpage wants to
print
| as 4 pages instead of 1 as they do in my workbook. Is there any way to
copy
| the page formatting to the web pages, other than going into each of the 70
| web pages and reformatting? Or is there a better way for me to share all
of
| these worksheets, so that I will not lose my formatting? Any suggestions
| would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
| --
| patty

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the info Jim. The problem is that I need to have all 70
worksheets in one workbook when working with them. The 70 worksheets link
with one lare master workbook. The 70 worksheets are basically identical
dashboards and so it is handy to have them grouped when I need to make a
change that applies to all 70. That is why I liked the web page method,
becuase it allowed me to easily save each tab separately. I may have to
rethink my methodology.
--
patty

"pattyw" wrote in message
|I have a workbook with 70 worksheets that I need to share with 70 people.
| Each person is only to have access to one of the worksheets from the
| workbook. I am currently saving each of the 70 worksheets in my workbook
as
| a separte, non-interactive web page, in 70 seperate folders. When I do
this,
| I lose the page formatting in my worksheets. Each new webpage wants to
print
| as 4 pages instead of 1 as they do in my workbook. Is there any way to
copy
| the page formatting to the web pages, other than going into each of the 70
| web pages and reformatting? Or is there a better way for me to share all
of
| these worksheets, so that I will not lose my formatting? Any suggestions
| would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
| --
| patty

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just as you can save each sheet as HTML you can save each sheet as its own
workbook AND keep your workbook with all the sheets as the master. A macro
could do the saving in a few seconds, overwriting the old user workbook if
it exists.

--
Jim