Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Create a Fuctioning Checkbox

I'd like to create a checkbox when checked returns a TRUE value and when
unchecked returns a FALSE value using Excel 2003? Any instruction would be
appreciated. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
a bit confused.
true and false is the values retured by the check box.
where are these values being returned to????
if you link a cells to the check box, the words true or false will appear in
the cell depending of the state of the check box(check = true, uncheck =
false)

post back with more details.
regards
FSt1

"Richard" wrote:

I'd like to create a checkbox when checked returns a TRUE value and when
unchecked returns a FALSE value using Excel 2003? Any instruction would be
appreciated. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Tye the following steps:

1. Right mouse click in your toolbar area and enable the "Forms" toolbar
2. On the forms toolbar you'll see a checkbox, click it and then draw your
check box
3. Right mouse click the newly created checkbox and on the Control tab,
enter teh cell reference in the Cell Link box.

When checked, that cell link will display TRUE or FALSE when unchecked.

Also, you can change the text of the Check Box by right mouse clicking and
editing the text.

--
Cordell