cookin_dad

Default How can I make a checkbox create a value?

I am setting up a sheet wherein I want a value to appear when I place a check
in a checkbox. Example: I want to check the box that I have placed in cell
L18 and have a numeric value (5 or 10) appear on cell O18. How can I do this?
PCLIVE

Right-click on your Check box and select Properties.
Set the Linked cell to whatever cell you would like (L18).
This cell will display "True" if the box is checked, and "False" if it is
not.

Cell O18 could have a formula in it such as:

=IF(L18=TRUE,5,10)

HTH,
Paul

"cookin_dad" wrote in message
I am setting up a sheet wherein I want a value to appear when I place a
check
in a checkbox. Example: I want to check the box that I have placed in
cell
L18 and have a numeric value (5 or 10) appear on cell O18. How can I do
this?

cookin_dad

Maybe I created the checkbox using the wrong procedure - I added it using the
Form Objects; when I right-click on it, I dont have properties. Should I have
created it using another method?