Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I save an excel workbook as a DBF file

I am trying to save my excel file as a DBF but the option is not there in the
"save file as" drop-down list. Any advice?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are you using xl2007?

If yes, then this option has been removed.

But if you have Access, then maybe you could paste into Access 2007 and save
from there????

--

Dave Peterson
Junior Member

Ksmith916 wrote:

I am trying to save my excel file as a DBF but the option is not there in the
"save file as" drop-down list. Any advice?

Hi there,

just wanted to let you know that I released a new version of the add-
in that enables saving a DBF file in Excel 2007.

New features:

1. Now you can add/insert new fields, create calculated fields in
addition to adding new records or editing existing records in your
native DBF file!

2. If you start with an Excel file the software now have enhanced
capabilities to determine the field types (better than Microsoft's own
in earlier Excel versions).

3. The add-in checks DBase field naming conventions and also
identifies duplicate fields. All problem field names are visually
identified with a cell comment!

4. If you start out with a brand new file and forget to save it, the
add-in will ask before the conversion.

5. Large files are supported. I edited files over 500,000 records with
no problem.

See the post at http://thexlwiz.blogspot.com/.

Gyula
Senior Member

Location: Hyderabad
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksmith916 View Post
I am trying to save my excel file as a DBF but the option is not there in the
"save file as" drop-down list. Any advice?
try this link

http://www.dbfview.com/convert-xls-to-dbf.html

all the best
Thanks