POWER CERTS

Default Save Excel file - prompts to save - no Volitile functions used

Since being upgraded to Excel 2003, a file has been prompting me to save,
even when no changes are made. I do have calculation set to automatic,
however I am not using a volitile function in the spreadsheet (ie. now,
offset, etc).

What else could be causing this?

Thanks
Frank Kabel

Hi
if the file ways created in an onlder excel version Excel re-calculates
the complete sheet on opening

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

POWER CERTS wrote:
Since being upgraded to Excel 2003, a file has been prompting me to
save, even when no changes are made. I do have calculation set to
automatic, however I am not using a volitile function in the
spreadsheet (ie. now, offset, etc).

What else could be causing this?

Thanks

Gord Dibben

Newer versions of Excel like to re-calculate everything when opening a file
created in a previous version.

You did say you upgraded.

Does it ask every time even after you complied and saved?

There are more Volatile Functions than the average user thinks there are.

AREAS()
OFFSET()
CELL()
INDIRECT()
ROWS()
COLUMNS()
NOW()
TODAY()
RAND()

Also, do you have "Iteration" checked? Uncheck if so.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP