Junior Member

Default macro save a workbook whilst increasing file no

Im trying to set up a macro so that I can save a worksheet using a macro and it increases the workbook no by one each time its saved.
I.E use macro button first time and it will save as book1.xls and when I save the worksheet a 2nd time I need it to save as book2.xls and so on.
Also before I save the workbook I need it to break the special Link. I think this is right I was going to save by breaking link first by using edit links and breaking then save as the workbook no. What I need help with is how to increase the workbook no by one each time I save it using the macro so I do not have to input the no everytime. I have to save the same workbook every month but with different data in it. This is why I need to save as book1.xls, book2 etc etc

Can anyone help.

Many Thanks