Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default freeze pane

i want to zoom in on a range or number of ranges without altering the zoom on
the upper freeze pain! is this possible? zoom obviously changes the view for
the whole page?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There's a tool called CAMERA that you can use to take a snapshot of a range
and paste an image of the range at another location in the worksheet. You
can then size the snapshot to a size larger that the zoom ratio of the
worksheet.

Click VIEW, TOOLBARS, CUSTOMIZE. In the CUSTOMIZE dialog box, click the
COMMANDS tab. In the CATEGORIES column click TOOLS and in the commands
column scroll down until you locate the CAMERA tool, its icon is a camera so
it's not hard to find. Drag the icon to the toolbar of your choice.

To use the camera select the range you want to take a picture of and click
the camera icon. Move the mouse pointer (now a crosshair pointer) to the
location where you want to place the picture and click and drag as if you're
drawing a text box or rectangle. Use the sizing handles to resize the image
to the desired size.

The values in the image are not editable, but they do update as data changes
at the source range.

Hope this helps.

--
Kevin Backmann

"Atishoo" wrote:

i want to zoom in on a range or number of ranges without altering the zoom on
the upper freeze pain! is this possible? zoom obviously changes the view for
the whole page?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks its a great tool I have had a play with it and am having fun!!
Unfortunately I need the range to be editable! damn!
I will use the camera tool elsewhere in my project though!
I suspect what im trying to achive may not be possible due to coloumns being
the same for both upper and lower panes

"Atishoo" wrote:

i want to zoom in on a range or number of ranges without altering the zoom on
the upper freeze pain! is this possible? zoom obviously changes the view for
the whole page?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Atishoo

A kludgy workaround could be...............

WindowNew Window.

WindowArrangeHorizontal.

Size the upper window so's you have just the freezepanes rows visible.

Lower window sized below.

Select the lower window and Zoom on that window only.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP